Sunday, May 1, 2011

Lunch to go outside...

Today looked sunny and absolutely gorge out until I stepped out and felt the chill of the breeze brrrrrr....But still it is great to be outside and enjoy the sunshine you just need to grab a sweatshirt and you are good to go for a day outside!

Today started with a nice walk around 2nd cliff with my cousin Jen and of course Dory! Then it was off to R & C Farms http://www.randcfarms-simons.com/ to pick up some herbs(Ill update you on in a later post). Then off to pick up my other cuzzy and her hubby who are on there last day of their visit home from San Francisco so a little QT was needed before we said good bye. We headed out to grab some lunch after some thought I remembered passing what looked like a cute sandwich place in Cohasset Center 5 South Main(sorry they don't have a website) and cute it was! Focusing on local organic ingredients this cozy little breakfast/lunch/baked goods place was delicious!! The menu includes many unique breakfast items, also original sandwich and salad options for lunch. Since it was warm enough out we decided to take our lunch to go and sit across the street at the Cohasset Common(a great picnic spot!) I got the caprese sandwich fresh mozzarella, tomato, roasted red peppers, caramelized onions sandwiched between a soft roll  with a homemade pesto. I also got a chocolate covered twinky that was delish! Everyone was very satisfied with there choices as well which included a spinach salad and a turkey, avocado and bacon sandwich. I cant believe I haven't know about this place until today but I look forward to my next visit!
Jen, Garret, Ry and Ben on our lunch picnic at Cohasset Common



1 comment:

  1. poor g man has his eyes closed! what a lovely lunch it was!

    ReplyDelete